Saturday, March 10, 2012

Here Comes Another One...

deployment that is.

Yes. We are gearing up for another year long deployment in the fall. We've known for quite a while now that this was something that was a huge possibility for us, and we were doing everything within our power to get us moved to another area. But, no luck. So Tom will be going on deployment number 3 in less than 6 years... I guess that's army life right?

We've already told Ellie, and although she doesn't want him to go, she's excited about something else that was caused by this deployment. Ellie, the baby and I will all be moving back up to Maryland for the duration of this deployment. There are some complications involved, i.e. Ellie will be in school at this point, but we're figuring all that out now before it really becomes an issue. It'll be good for the three of us to be close to family, and hopefully a wanted distraction from the loneliness that ensues from being the spouse of a deployed soldier.

Part of me feels like I should be used to this by now. With Tom spending so much time away, you'd think it would get easier. I can say right here and now, I honestly think each deployment gets harder. It seems that after every deployment, Tom and I have gotten closer together and endured so much, that I hate seeing him go. We've still got a number of months ahead of us before this really becomes an issue, but facing the inevitable is the only way I know how to deal with this.

He'll miss another year of his children's lives. He'll miss having the companionship of someone other than another soldier. He'll miss his family in Washington even more than he does already. He'll miss my nagging over all the little things... well, maybe he won't miss that part. ;)

I've done a deployment where I've stayed with my parents before, and I've done a deployment where I've done it on my own. The atmosphere here makes it impossible for me to stay here. I don't want to deal with the bickering and gossip that happens amongst military wives when their husbands are gone. I don't want to deal with worrying that someone is going to break into my home since they know a man isn't around. I don't want to deal with the Texas HEAT! And yes, there is a part of me that would really like the help when it comes to being with two little ones... But honestly, that's just a perk.

There will be more to post as the time gets closer. Right now, our little family is gearing up for Amelia's birth, which could be any day now, or 6 weeks from now... depending on how cozy she is in there!

2 comments:

  1. :(

    I don't want you to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Sunshyne up there and don't want you to go. But even more importantly, I don't want Tom to be deployed.

    If I know anything about you, it is that you plan ahead and really think things out. So I know this was not an easy decision, but it is not a rash decision, either. You will do what is best for your family.

    But it is still sad to see you leave again.

    ReplyDelete